Get motivated to take enthusiastic action that will help you turn that dream into reality. One step at a time and you will surely achieve anything.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

To service or not to Service

In my last blog I talked about service and how it is really important if you want to grow your business. Outstanding service promotes satisfied customers. They tell others and come back. Existing customers are tops and referred customers come next.

Bad service will ruin any business or a least stunt it's growth.

I heard of someone who wanted their motor-bike serviced. "No problem!" said the service guy.
"And can you service my 25 year old bike too?" "No" said the mechanic "it's too old and we may not be able to get the parts"

So the garage lost all the business. Now I'm not a biker but I understand the maintenace cost over 3 years could be as high as £5000. So that doesn't seem like a great idea saying "No".

What do you think? Have you had any similar experiences?

No comments: